– worked as a psychiatrist in the NHS for many years and came to art quite late.
– attended sculpture classes at Queens Road for several years and found the? atmosphere of the place and the activity a welcome change from his day-job.
– enjoys carving ? particularly in stone ? and is drawn to primitive stone-age styles.
– likes to experiment with different media.
– recently acquired a small press and wants to try some wood-cut printing.
– is an incorrigible amateur ? unable to resist trying new things.
– also writes poetry and has contributed to the three anthologies put out by the Lansdown Poets ? the most recent one in 2012.
– is one of the trustees of the Cherry Orchards Camphill Community in Westbury on Trym, where creative activities are an important part of the programme.